1) I started reporting the weather (from my parents’ house in North Kingsville) to Dick and Andre (“Newscenter 8”) when I was 13 years old.
2) I went to the Ohio State University for meteorology, the only school to offer an undergrad meteorology program in the state of Ohio (at the time…1993-1996).
3) I grew up in Ashtabula County, and the vast majority of my family still lives there!
4) I have two younger brothers and a younger sister.
5) My family includes TWO Bichon Frise dogs, one is a puppy–only 6 months old.
6) I am not a big fan of heat and humidity. Give me 70 degrees and low humidity any day! I like the snow, but I am not a fan of driving in it.
7) I started doing TV weather when I was 16 years old in Erie, PA, at WSEE-TV 35 (CBS affiliate).
8) I met (and worked with) Mark Zinni for the first time in Erie, PA, at WICU (my first full time weather job, post-collegiate).