By Chef Eric Wells, of Skye LaRae’s Culinary Services, in honor of George Washington Carver
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 12 bamboo skewers
Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least an hour.
Remove the skewers from the water and thread chicken on the skewers.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into a food processor and blend to a paste. Transfer marinade back to the bowl.
Add the chicken skewers to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
When ready to prepare, grill the skewers for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside to rest.
Peanut Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
Combine all the ingredients in a medium pan. Heat gently, stirring to form a smooth paste. Serve as a dipping sauce for the chicken skewers.
Yield: 6 servings