ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — A theme park worker has died after falling 200 feet from the Orlando Starflyer attraction on Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The 21-year-old man was performing a safety check when he fell to his death shortly before 8 a.m., authorities said on Monday.
Fire officials said the man fell 200 feet and struck a platform below the attraction. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, according to WESH.
The 450-foot attraction opened in 2018.
No other details were available.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Northeast Ohio law enforcement sends thoughts and prayers to fallen Toledo officer and family
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Two Champaign County residents charged with participating in Capitol riots
- Joe Biden’s immigration plan lays out path to citizenship