ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — An 85-year-old man was stabbed to death inside a southern Michigan supermarket, but his attacker was unable to flee because a woman who witnessed the attack held him at gunpoint until the police arrived.
The Daily Telegraph of Adrian reports that the victim was stabbed multiple times in the head and neck Wednesday afternoon at a Meijer store in Adrian. He died at the scene.
Adrian Police Chief Vincent Emrick says the woman with a handgun ordered the 29-year-old suspect to the floor and held him there until officers took him into custody.
Emrick says she has a concealed pistol license.
Related video, below: Man with concealed carry permit scares off would-be carjacker
READ MORE OF THE TOP HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM, BELOW:
- Mega Millions and Powerball: Lottery players have chance at jackpots worth combined $1.3 billion
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive
- Mother of Tamir Rice, local activists hold rally to demand Department of Justice reopen his case
- Centenarian beats COVID-19, two strains of the flu in time for 105th birthday