ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — An 85-year-old man was stabbed to death inside a southern Michigan supermarket, but his attacker was unable to flee because a woman who witnessed the attack held him at gunpoint until the police arrived.
The Daily Telegraph of Adrian reports that the victim was stabbed multiple times in the head and neck Wednesday afternoon at a Meijer store in Adrian. He died at the scene.
Adrian Police Chief Vincent Emrick says the woman with a handgun ordered the 29-year-old suspect to the floor and held him there until officers took him into custody.
Emrick says she has a concealed pistol license.
Related video, below: Man with concealed carry permit scares off would-be carjacker
READ MORE OF THE TOP HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM, BELOW:
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister: ‘My heart is shattered’
- Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- 49 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Monday
- I-TEAM: Clearing up mail-in ballot mysteries in Cuyahoga County
- Father accused of throwing baby off balcony, killing infant