AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Akron Police Department are investigating the shooting death of a 23-year-old woman.
According to the medical examiner, around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, the woman was outside a home in the 500 block of Hoye Ave.
The woman was shot in the torso during a fight, according to a press release.
She died at the hospital a short time later.
The victim has not been identified.
Police do not have a suspect in custody.
If you can help police, call (330)375-2490 or text TIPSCO with your tip to 274637.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Dig This: How to keep Fall mums blooming
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Kenny shines the spotlight on Cleveland artist Hector Vega
- LIVE: Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court