AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Akron Police Department are investigating the shooting death of a 23-year-old woman.
According to the medical examiner, around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, the woman was outside a home in the 500 block of Hoye Ave.
The woman was shot in the torso during a fight, according to a press release.
She died at the hospital a short time later.
The victim has not been identified.
Police do not have a suspect in custody.
If you can help police, call (330)375-2490 or text TIPSCO with your tip to 274637.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Country artist Hal Ketchum dies from complications of dementia
- Thousands expected to travel through Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, despite CDC warnings
- Can you repeat that? Hearing trouble becomes more obvious with masks
- Ohio expects batch of COVID-19 vaccine around Dec. 15
- How Ohio and other states cook Thanksgiving turkey: roast, deep-fry, smoke