INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (WJW) – Police in Independence are investigating an armed carjacking that happened in the Topgolf parking lot.
Officers received a call about a carjacking around 11:30 p.m. Friday night.
The victim says she was leaving Topgolf and was confronted by two armed men as she approached her car.
They threatened to shoot her if she didn’t give them her keys, according to a police report.
The victim then ran back to the front door of the facility, where she called police.
Officers reviewed security footage of the incident and saw five men walking from the parking lot toward her car.
The video showed the confrontation the victim described.
Two of the men got in the victim’s car and headed southbound on Rockside Woods Blvd.
The other three men left on foot.
Police were not able to track them with a K9.
Independence Police Chief Mike Kilbane told I-Team Reporter Peggy Gallek Cleveland police recovered the stolen vehicle Tuesday morning.
“We just got the vehicle and are processing it now for evidence,” Kilbane said.
He said detectives are also working on gathering video evidence from Topgolf and nearby businesses.
“Safety for our residents and visitors is top priority so we are throwing all our resources at this case,” the chief said.
FOX 8 has reached out to Topgolf for comment.
Here are the latest stories from FOX 8
- 12 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Cleveland Wednesday
- 100th Bomb Group in Cleveland closing down after 37 years, owners cite pandemic
- City of Cleveland releases trick-or-treat times, discourages residents from taking part
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- Here’s where to find glorious fall foliage this weekend in Northeast Ohio