CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – A deadly, early morning fire was caused by “careless smoking” and appears to have started in the home’s bedroom, according to officials.

The fire on E. 66th Street broke out just after 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

FOX 8 crews witnessed first responders pull a victim from the home and administer CPR as they were loaded into an ambulance.

Later, Cleveland fire crews gave an update on Twitter and said a woman had died.

Officials also tell FOX 8, a second victim was taken to the hospital in stable condition.