This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – A deadly, early morning fire was caused by “careless smoking” and appears to have started in the home’s bedroom, according to officials.

The fire on E. 66th Street broke out just after 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

FOX 8 crews witnessed first responders pull a victim from the home and administer CPR as they were loaded into an ambulance.

Later, Cleveland fire crews gave an update on Twitter and said a woman had died.

Officials also tell FOX 8, a second victim was taken to the hospital in stable condition.