DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — Good grief! You won’t find the classic Charlie Brown holiday specials on broadcast television this year.
The Peanuts animated classics, including “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” are headed to AppleTV+. A deal with WildBrain, Peanuts Worldwide and Lee Mendelson Film Productions, making Apple “the home for all things Peanuts.”
Worry not, though. Families can still watch the holiday specials for free during limited windows around each holiday, Apple said.
“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” Halloween special will be available for free on the Apple TV+ service from Oct. 30 until Nov. 1.
“A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” will be available for free from Nov. 25 until Nov. 27 on the platform, and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” will be available to customers for free from Dec. 11 until Dec. 13.
The holiday specials have aired annually on broadcast television since the 1960s.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump
- Monolith discovered in Utah desert has mysteriously disappeared, officials say
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead