CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Lake effect snow is causing whiteout conditions in several parts of northeast Ohio.
A band organized overnight, dumping heavy snow in eastern Lorain County, much of Cuyahoga County and some of Geauga, Portage and Summit counties.
The result? Accidents, road closures, travel delays and snow emergency parking bans.
- Various police agencies were receiving multiple reports of cars spinning out.
Follow below for traffic Tweets from FOX 8 Traffic reporter Patty Harken, ODOT and other agencies across northern Ohio.
- @HarkenPatty Just checked cameras at Columbia and Hilliard. Looking good there.
- @HarkenPatty 480E slammed Ridge-Valley View Bridge
- @CLEPolicerequests motorists avoid @ODOT_Innerbelt bridge, take alt routes, allow extra time, avoid travel.
- @HarkenPatty -- 271N ramp to 480 W reopened, but 271 and Rt. 8 are horrendous.
- @HarkenPatty -- 271N ramp to 480W closed. 271N backed to Rt.8. Rt.8 backed forever.
- @HarkenPatty-- 480E ramp to 77S now open!
- @HarkenPatty-- 77S one mile before Fleet. Stop and go.
- @HarkenPatty -- 271N ramp to 480 W closed. Police blocking it off.
- @HarkenPatty -- I-480 EB ramp to I-77 SB CLOSED due to an accident.
- @HarkenPatty -- Snow starts to fly on 90W @ E.260.
- @HarkenPatty -- 480E ramp to 77S closed.
- @HarkenPatty -- 271 near Wilson Mills- white out.
- 10:30 a.m. -- Cleveland Hopkins Airport has just a handful of flight delays and cancellations.
- As of 7:45 a.m., Cleveland Hopkins Airport had at least 10 flight delays or cancellations. Spokesperson Jackie Mayo urges travelers to check their flight status before heading to the airport.
Snow Parking Bans
- Chester Township
- Maple Heights