A release from OSTP said, “From the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic the Trump Administration has taken decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat and defeat the disease. “
Dr. Kelvin Droegemeier, the office’s director, said, “President Trump has solidified America’s standing as the most scientifically and technologically advanced nation the world has ever known”.
This week, the country reached its highest number of average COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, according to statistics from the New York Times.
According to the CDC, the United States has reported a total of 8,680,611 cases since Jan. 21, 2020. There have been 492,026 cases in the last seven days, and there have been 225,084 deaths reported from COVID-19.
Additionally, hospitalizations have increased by 40% in the last month, with some 41,000 people hospitalized.
In addition to the pandemic assertion, the report also cites leadership in the areas of environment, research, space exploration and technology, including artificial intelligence, as accomplishments.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Windsor Fire Department puts out blaze reportedly started by unattended space heater
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump