Editor’s Note: The video above is from the FOX 8 I-Team asking about the money for rental assistance.
CUYAHOGA COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – Starting Wednesday, July 1, people can begin applying for a rental assistance program in Cuyahoga County.
The program is through CHN Housing Partners and EDEN, Inc. with funding from the city and the county.
$18.6 million will be used to help people who are struggling.
“More than ever, in this pandemic, home is everyone’s refuge,” said Kevin Nowak, executive director of CHN Housing Partners. “We are grateful to Mayor Jackson and Executive Budish for making this lifeline available for those facing financial hardships due to COVID-19 so they can remain in their homes.”
Here is what you’ll need:
- Proof of income
- Proof of Hardship verification
There are income limits as well that you’ll need to check.
To take a look at the document requirements and the application, visit this website or call 1-833-377-RENT (7368).
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Much cooler temps prevail Tuesday following storms
- Aftermath: Northeast Ohioans clean up after severe storms rip through area
- ‘Open and affirming’: Chesterland church replaces stolen pride flag dozens of times
- Former Glenville football star Frank Clark arrested in LA on suspicion of having concealed gun
- Watch: Local mail truck stolen, found with a surprise