**Warning, the video, above, shows the moment the blast happened**
It’s a memory that will last a lifetime – but for this beautiful bride the video her wedding photographer captured won’t express the joy of that day.
The bride, smiling and dressed in a long, ornate gown, posed for photographer Mahmoud Nakib Tuesday – a stunning scene that came to an abrupt end when a powerful blast ripped through the Beirut.
Nakib continues to record as the force of the explosion pushes him down the street.
People can be seen running for safety – including the bride and groom – in what Nakib called a nightmare scene.
Nakib and the rest of the wedding party weren’t injured, but the massive explosion killed at least 135 people and injured thousands more.
The blast appeared to have been triggered by a fire that touched off a giant quantity of ammonium nitrate fertilizer stored for years in the port, which exploded with the force of a moderately strong earthquake.
The disaster comes atop the worst economic crisis in Lebanon’s modern history, and hesitancy among some backers, including France, to keep propping up a country in dire need of reform.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Follow the latest headlines:
- Fox Recipe Box: Potato Stuffed Mushrooms
- ‘It’s a…’: Experts confirm sex of new calf belonging to killer whale who grieved dead calf for 17 days
- Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ fame sued for defamation
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca