WESTLAKE, Ohio (WJW) — A fire broke out at a Westlake residential building Sunday morning, firefighters confirm, and it is now contained.
The fire was at 28200 block of Detroit Road, and firefighters are still currently on the scene cleaning up. The road was blocked off while firefighters were working.
Westlake Fire Department Chief Jim Hughes spoke with the media on scene, saying that at 11:25 a.m. this morning they recieved reports that smoke and fire were seen coming from the third story of a residential building. The fire was quite advanced before firefighters arrived, Hughes said.
One firefighter on the scene was taken to the hospital for evaluation, Hughes said.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Fox Recipe Box: Potato Stuffed Mushrooms
- ‘It’s a…’: Experts confirm sex of new calf belonging to killer whale who grieved dead calf for 17 days
- Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ fame sued for defamation
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca