CLEVELAND-- The teen suspected in the shooting of a 13-year-old girl following the Cavaliers championship parade last week was taken into custody on Tuesday, Cleveland Police confirmed to Fox 8.
An arrest warrant was issued on Monday for the boy.
Shortly after the parade ended last Wednesday, Cleveland officers stationed near Ontario Street and Euclid Avenue were called to a shooting. Police said paramedics took the 13-year-old victim to an area hospital.
A 15-year-old suspect, who was carrying a gun, was taken into custody on Euclid Avenue and East Fourth Street, police said. Witnesses did not immediately identify him as the shooter.
The suspect was processed and released to his grandmother.
According to a statement from the Cleveland Division of Police on Tuesday, detectives began their investigation and then an arrest warrant was issued for the same suspect.