Walmart is also offering a saliva sample testing option.
“Throughout the pandemic, Walmart and Sam’s Club have focused on providing options to customers and members so they can shop in the way best for them,” said Lori Flees, SVP and COO, Walmart U.S. Health and Wellness. “Now, we’re applying that same lens to how we can provide access to COVID-19 testing to as many people as possible in ways that best align with their needs.”
To get the test kit, customers must purchase a code that will provide access to a health survey. Once the survey is complete, a physicians’ order will be generated if needed and the purchase is complete.
The kit is then mailed to the customer, who should collect a personal sample and mail it to the lab for results.
Results can be expected within 24 to 48 hours after the test collection kit is received at the lab, Walmart said. Some kits will come with a telehealth call if a positive result is received.
Walmart’s tests are available through myLAB Box, an at-home test collection company.
According to the retailer, Walmart and its partners currently support nearly 600 testing locations nationwide.
Read more headlines, below:
- ‘Hero bartender’ saves woman from harassment using fake receipt
- Jared Bell, of Drake and Josh, to answer to charges against him in court
- Ex-wife of MLK assassin arrested on animal cruelty charges
- ‘Like hitting a brick wall’: Couple in hot air balloon crashes twice, goes underwater
- Convicted sex offender arrested for attempted rape at Barberton business