*Watch our report above on the latest guidance on schools from officials.*
CANTON, Ohio (WJW) — Classes for students at Walker Elementary School in Canton are cancelled for Friday after a case of COVID-19 was reported.
“We received late notice of an additional positive case of COVID at Walker. The district will use the time to work through the contact tracing and cleaning protocol recommended by the Health Department,” the district wrote on Facebook.
The district will share additional information with any Walker families who may be affected.
Faircrest and Canton South High School students will report as scheduled.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Show Info: October 20, 2020
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats
- Ohio felon arrested after using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- Justice Dept. to file landmark antitrust case against Google
- Ohio woman turns self in for killing husband, says he asked her to end his suffering from illness