CLEVELAND (WJW) — Community members are coming together to honor the life and legacy of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who passed away on Friday.
She died at 87 years old of complications from metastatic pancreatic cancer.
“My life and my rights as an African-American woman in this country has been shaped by the Supreme Court’s decisions. And because of that, I am so grateful, I am so humbled for RBG,” said one of the speakers.
The vigil was held outside the old courthouse downtown on Sunday night.
Some local judges were also in attendance.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Parent sues Hudson City School district for risking ‘health and safety’ of students with return to in-person education
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Show Info: October 20, 2020
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats