A woman and her friend entered St. James Gate bar and restaurant in Belmont on June 19. The woman apparently was not social distancing and bumping into people inside the bar.
The bartender asked the woman to put on her mask, but the woman got upset and allegedly coughed in his face.
Security and the owner of the bar kicked the woman and her friend out. As the woman was being escorted out, she flipped people off and knocked over chairs. The incident happened less than 24 hours after the bar reopened for indoor dining after being shut down for three months because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The bartender who was coughed on is believed to be doing OK, and is set to be tested for COVID-19.
Belmont police talked with workers at the restaurant on Sunday to decide on the next steps in this investigation.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Cleveland Clinic study: ‘Broken Heart Syndrome’ cases on the rise during coronavirus pandemic
- Heat Index will make it feel like 103 in some parts of Northeast Ohio
- ‘Pooch Parade’ at Brunswick nursing home
- Woman throws boxes of shoes at store worker after being asked to wear face mask, then leaves wallet behind
- One Tank Trip: The Mohicans