CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) — The United States Postal Service has temporarily suspended operations at the Shaker Heights Finance Station located at 2855 East 130th Street in Cleveland.
According to a spokesperson, an investigation is underway following an incident on Friday.
“We are still in the information gathering process, so I cannot provide specifics at this time; other than the fact that all employees are safe and unharmed and this is believed to be an isolated incident.”
P.O. BOX customers may pick up their mail at the Shaker Heights Post Office, located at 3675 Warrensville Center Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44120. It’s open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Customers can visit USPS.com and click on “quick tools” to find other branches in the area.
“Postal Inspectors continue to monitor the situation very closely, as the Postal Inspection Service takes the security and well-being of postal service employees very seriously and remains focused on the needs and safety of its employees.”
Anyone with information related to the incident on Friday should call 877-876-2455.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Full Hunter’s Moon, Orionid meteor shower to peak this week: Here’s how to view
- Jan. 6 panel votes to hold former White House aide Steve Bannon in contempt
- Cuyahoga Falls left in the dark with citywide power outage
- New TV show ‘911 Crisis Center’ spotlights day in the life of Chagrin Valley area dispatchers
- Driver tries to run people over outside Euclid gas station: Police