COLUMBUS (WJW) — The Ohio Department of Health issued an updated travel advisory list for Ohioans Wednesday afternoon.
Ohio issues travel advisories for states that have a coronavirus positivity rate of more than 15 percent.
Check out the updated list below:
The positivity rate is the percentage of people who’ve tested positive for coronavirus in the last seven days. That gives a clearer picture of how widespread the virus is in a community with increased testing.
Last week, Ohio issued a travel advisory for six states as well. The difference in this week’s list is that Texas (now at 24 percent) has now replaced Arizona (now at 14 percent). Ohio remains at 5 percent this week.
The governor’s office is asking those traveling to those states to self quarantine for 14 days upon returning.
Find out more about the updated travel advisory right here. Excpect a new update to this list next Wednesday.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ugly cars: Car designs not even a mother could love
- Watch: Stunning Northern Lights captured across several states
- Florida lawmaker appears to get trolled with fake names during hearing
- Endangered gorilla is expecting baby at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Gwyneth Paltrow testifies she initially feared ski collision was a sexual assault