Video above shows weather conditions at the Mason Community Learning Center in Akron
Crews are still working after responding to an outage Saturday morning and discovered water in the lines caused by a water main break.
Additional teams arrived from Ashtabula, Canton and Youngstown to help with repairs. Contractors are also on site assisting.
Customers on the following streets and blocks are affected:
- W. Exchange Street from Bell Street to Water Street
- W. Cedar Street from Bell Street W. Bowery Street
- W. Bowery Street from W. State Street to W. Exchange Street
- Locust Street from W. Cedar Street to W. Exchange Street
- Pine Street to W. Cedar Street
- A portion of W. Chestnut Street from Pine Street
- Wabash Avenue, Bishop Street and Bonnie Brae Avenue between W. Exchange Street and W. Cedar Street
Dominion says once hundreds of gallons of water is removed from the lines, gas service to customers can begin to be restored. As of 7 p.m. Sunday, the company expected some customers to be restored, but most can expect service by Monday.
When repairs are completed, Dominion will reach out to customers. Natural gas meters should only be turned on by Dominion Energy, or a qualified contractor.
As temps dip, a warming center has been set up at the Mason Community Learning Center on 700 East Exchange Street.