This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SANTA ROSA, California– Firefighters in Santa Rosa said it’s one of the most unusual fire calls they’ve ever had: a fire started because of a dog bowl.

KPIX reported a family put water in a dog bowl outside for their pet.

The family thinks the shiny dog bowl was reflecting a concentrated beam of sunlight onto the side of their house.

They said first they saw steam, then smoke, then flames.

The fire department was able to respond before the fire got out of control.