CLEVELAND (WJW)– The U.S. Marshals recovered 25 missing and endangered children over the past 20 days as part of Operation Safety Net.
The children, between the ages of 13 and 18, were located in Cleveland, East Cleveland, Akron, Mansfield, Euclid, Willoughby and even Miami. According to the Marshals, about one fourth of the cases were related to human trafficking or prostitution.
Operation Safety Net involves the U.S. Marshals, the Cleveland Division of Police, the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department, the East Cleveland Police Department and the Newburgh Heights Police Department. It’s also a partnership with FOX 8 News.
Anyone with information on missing kids should call the U.S. Marshals tip line at 1-866-492-6833
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Pfizer says COVID-19 booster protects against Omicron variant
- ‘Better late than never’: Overdue library book returned after 34 years
- Dozens of Goodwill stores and donation centers close following threats
- IRS has tax info for stimulus checks, child tax credits
- Amazon outage disrupts businesses across the U.S.