*Watch the report above on Tyler Perry paying for funeral of eight-year-old girl who was shot and killed in Atlanta.*
ATLANTA, Ga. (WJW) — Actor and producer Tyler Perry is helping out the Atlanta community by donating gift cards to families in need.
The city posted about the generous act on Twitter along with some photos.
“Special thanks to @tylerperry for generously donating 1,000 Kroger gift cards at $50 each to families impacted by the pandemic,” the tweet said in part.
Altanta police and fire also teamed up with the Atlanta Solicitor’s Office and Maximum Impact Love to distribute 500 food boxes as well as seen in the photos above.
Perry has been known for his acts of kindness and advocacy work. He recently offered to pay for the funeral of an eight-year-old girl who was shot and killed in Atlanta.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Cleveland City Council decides on train safety, police HQ, mayor’s budget
- CDC study warns of ‘dramatic increase’ in deadly fungus across US
- Akron’s plans for performing acts, STEM schools raising concerns among parents
- Cleveland Clinic unveils first quantum computer dedicated to healthcare research
- Tranq making ‘deadliest drug threat’ in US ‘even deadlier,’ DEA warns