AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Akron Police Department says three people are in custody and warrants have been signed for another person in connection with the murders of two people found in a burning home.
Justin Walker and Melinda Pointer’s bodies were found in the home in the 1090 block of Brown St. July 28.
The medical examiner found both of the victims had been shot in the head and torso.
Thursday, police announced Steven Hayes, 20, has been charged with two counts of aggravated murder.
He is in custody at the Summit County Jail.
Also in the jail is Kianna Buckley, 42.
She’s charged with complicity to commit aggravated robbery and conspiracy to commit aggravated murder.
Akron police said Dylan Brown, 20, who was wanted for complicity to commit aggravated murder and conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, is now in custody. According to police, he is being held in West Virginia on unrelated charges.
Gia Alexis Hernandez, 37, is wanted for tampering with evidence and obstructing justice.
If you see Hernandez, call 911.
If you have any information that can help Akron police detectives, call (330)375-2490.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Watch Live: Pres. Trump, Biden to appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s why Pelosi is aiming for a deal right after Election Day
- Live video: Ohio Gov. DeWine holds coronavirus news conference
- Rankings: See which states don’t bother to vote and where Ohio stands on the turnout list
- ‘Voting is the key to change’: Browns urge others to vote ahead of Election Day