CLEVELAND (WJW)– Two men were detained by Cleveland police Wednesday after they admitted to scaling a fence at Progressive Field so they could watch the playoff game between the Indians and Yankees.
The two men told officers they scaled the fence behind the bleachers and, “made entry into the occupied ballpark.”
No fans are permitted into the ballpark because of the coronavirus pandemic.
One man told officers he and his friend, “just wanted to watch the ball game and knows he shouldn’t of did it,” the report stated. Both men had a strong odor of alcohol on them, according to the report.
They were taken to the jail. No charges have been filed.
The Indians fell to the Yankees, 10-9, in Game 2 of the American League Wild Card Series, ending their season.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Local mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in trunk of car, including ballot application
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Man sentenced for Willoughby Hills hit-and-run that injured woman walking dog
- ‘Paul Rudd is a real hero’: Actor hands out cookies to early voters at polls in Brooklyn, video goes viral
- Port Clinton postpones Trick or Treat due to coronavirus