CANTON, Ohio (WJW) — One person and two firefighters were hospitalized following a house fire on Wednesday morning.
According to the Canton Fire Department, it happened in the 900 block of Smith Ave. SW.
Six adults were sleeping when the fire broke out. A passerby who had a ladder on his vehicle was able to rescue four people from the second floor. Two others were in the basement.
Two dogs died in the fire and a cat survived.
One of the firefighters who was hospitalized has since been released.
The cause remains under investigation.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- ‘Little has changed’: Man whose father died in his arms during Dayton shooting still fighting for change one year later
- Drive-Ins RT: BK Rootbeer Drive In
- Drive-Ins RT: African Safari Wildlife Park
- Drive-Ins RT: Aut-O-Rama Drive-In
- August 3, 2020 Road Trip: Drive-Ins