Three children, three adults exposed to carbon monoxide in town homes

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.

CLEVELAND - According to Cleveland EMS, three children and three adults were transported to an area hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in the Neal Terrace town homes on Detroit Avenue in Cleveland.

A mother called 911 and said that her children were sick and she wasn't feeling well, according to Cleveland acting Assistant Fire Chief Greg Glauner. A second unit was also evacuated and all six people were transported to MetroHealth Medical Center and are in stable condition.

According to the fire department, the tenants were exposed to amounts "in excess of 500 parts per million" of carbon monoxide, and 100 parts per million is considered extremely hazardous.

Firefighters also found working carbon monoxide detectors in the evacuated units and aren't sure why they didn't work.

Dominion East Ohio told FOX 8 that a boiler in one of the town homes was to blame.

Stay with FOX 8 News and FOX8.com for new details.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral