CLEVELAND (WJW) — Two brothers have been arrested in connection to a shooting that left a ten-year-old boy seriously hurt in Cleveland on Tuesday.
According to an affidavit, Darrion Sumpter, 18, and Anthony Sumpter, 20, along with a group of 20 others were standing at the intersection of E.117 and Luke Ave. when they allegedly engaged in gunfire with four people inside a silver Nissan.
The boy reportedly tried to run away when he was hit in the back. He was taken to the hospital for his injuries. It’s unclear how he’s doing now.
During the investigation, it was revealed the brothers were picked out of a photo line up as individuals with guns shooting in the direction the boy was standing.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Former football coach Lou Holtz receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Carjackings increase in major cities across the US in 2020
- 18-year-old shot in face with young child in car, Akron police say
- WV police officer dies 2 days after being shot while responding to parking complaint
- Eastlake police asking for public’s help locating 28-year-old woman reported missing