SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WJW) — Fish were recently found dead in the Tuscarawas River in Springfield Township.
The reason for the deaths is still reportedly unknown.
In a statement to FOX 8, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said they were notified of foaming in the river Monday morning and soon got to work pumping the river.
“The source and type of contaminant are still under investigation,” the EPA said. “Two 6-inch pumps were installed in the river to aerate the water and provide needed oxygen to the aquatic life.”
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Biden opening climate summit with pledge to cut US fossil fuel emissions up to 52% by 2030
- President Joe Biden highlights Ohio business helping get people vaccinated
- Teacher describes teen shot by Columbus police as a girl with a bright future
- Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say