*Watch our report above on a fallen officer being honored with a gift giveaway.*
CRISP COUNTY, Ga. (WJW) — Georgia State Troopers kept a promise to their fallen colleague by walking his daughter to school on her first day.
According to FOX 5, Trooper Tyler Parker died in a crash in 2018 after his truck hydroplaned during a storm. His now four-year-old daughter, Savannah, was with him at the time.
She was seriously hurt but has made a full recovery.
Georgia Department of Public Safety shared photos of her being escorted by the troopers to pre-kindergarten. They also shared a precious moment of her posing by her dad’s cruiser and holding his hat.
Many on social media were quick to praise the troopers for their act of kindness.
“This is beautiful. Thank you GSP for caring for this little girl and standing in place for her daddy. I know he was smiling down on you all!” said one user.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Trumbull County, killing sleeping man
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station