WAYNE COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash that left one person dead and another hurt.
According to a press release, it happened on State Route 83 at the intersection of State Route 604 in Canaan Township Saturday morning.
Troopers said a 34-year-old man was going eastbound on SR 604 and failed to stop at the stop sign. His car was struck by a 71-year-old man driving an SUV. Both vehicles went off the roadway and crashed into a field.
The 34-year-old driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Troopers said he not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
The man in the SUV was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Ohio to change mask orders after new CDC guidance
- Suspect accused of shooting, killing 73-year-old veteran at Maple Heights laundromat pleads guilty
- Petition calling for Tokyo Olympics to be canceled amid pandemic gathers 350,000 signatures
- Pony named French Fry found safe after disappearing while giving rides to kids in Cleveland
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: 1,014 new cases, 87 additional deaths