ASHLAND, Ohio (WJW) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a crash involving an Amish buggy and a pickup truck that hurt six juveniles.
It happened around 4:30 this evening on County Road 500 near Township Road 581 in Ashland.
According to troopers, a black 1998 Ford Ranger was going westbound when it struck the buggy after it lost control just past a hill crest. The buggy was also westbound and occupied by seven juveniles at the time.
Six of the occupants from the buggy were transported to University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries.
A horse was also injured and had to be euthanized by a veterinarian on scene.
The driver of the Ford was identified as Jonathan Zellner, 20, Nova. The Ford was also occupied by a juvenile male passenger. Zellner nor his passenger were injured in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation and no charges have been filed at this time.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Here are the winning Mega Millions numbers for the $1 billion jackpot
- Sexton scores 25, Cavaliers beat Durant-less Nets 125-113
- Ohio funeral homes at breaking point, workers want COVID-19 vaccine
- Saturday bringing colder air, brighter skies to Northeast Ohio
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump