MILAN, Ohio (WJW) — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash involving a pedestrian and a semi-tractor trailer on the Turnpike.
According to troopers, a 23-year-old woman was driving westbound on Thanksgiving when her vehicle struck a concrete median barrier before ending up in a ditch. The driver then got out of her car and walked into the westbound lanes of travel where she was hit by a semi.
The woman was pronounced dead on scene. The driver of the semi was not hurt.
Troopers said it is unknown if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the incident.
Anyone with information on the crash should contact the Milan post at 419-499-4808.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- 3 men, including Ohio entrepreneur, paying to fly to space station; Here’s what it will cost them…
- Watch Live: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine gives update on coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Republicans reintroduce amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
- Westlake police warn of recent residential burglaries, asking for public’s help
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state