According to OSHP, a 2019 Toyota Highlander was traveling northbound on U.S. 23 near the mile-marker 9 when it drove off the right side of the roadway.
After leaving the roadway, the Toyota struck several construction barrels and a bridge pillar of the County Road 56 overpass. The vehicle became fully engulfed in fire as a result of impact, trapping the driver inside.
The driver’s identity is being withheld pending family notification and positive identification by the Wyandot County Coroner’s Office.
Meanwhile, the northbound lanes of U. S. 23 and the county Road 56 overpass will remain closed while the bridge structure is inspected by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Troopers say this incident remains under investigation.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- 3-acre corn maze at Lake Metroparks Farmpark extended through the weekend
- Stream and scream! Here are the horror movies you can watch right now
- Parent sues Hudson City School district for risking ‘health and safety’ of students with return to in-person education
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears