According to OSHP, a 2019 Toyota Highlander was traveling northbound on U.S. 23 near the mile-marker 9 when it drove off the right side of the roadway.
After leaving the roadway, the Toyota struck several construction barrels and a bridge pillar of the County Road 56 overpass. The vehicle became fully engulfed in fire as a result of impact, trapping the driver inside.
The driver’s identity is being withheld pending family notification and positive identification by the Wyandot County Coroner’s Office.
Meanwhile, the northbound lanes of U. S. 23 and the county Road 56 overpass will remain closed while the bridge structure is inspected by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Troopers say this incident remains under investigation.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- OSHP: Alcohol appears to be factor in Tuscarawas fatal crash
- North Port police, FBI search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé at Carlton Reserve
- Property tax values spike up in Cuyahoga County; Watch your mailbox
- COVID-19 death rates are quickly rising in these states: Here’s where Ohio stands
- ‘Brian is not missing, he’s hiding’: Search continues for fiancé of Gabby Petito