Captain Scott Cottle with the sheriff’s office tells FOX 8 there was a party or gathering at the complex with kids, teenagers, and young adults.
Around 12:30 a.m. Thursday, several gunshots were exchanged.
Three people were shot, according to investigators.
One person is in life-threatening condition.
Captain Cottle says one person who was shot was treated at the hospital and taken to jail.
One of the suspects, Rayshawn Simmons, 22, of Canton faces charges for drug possession and drug trafficking.
Investigators say they are not looking for additional suspects.
None of the other people involved has been identified.
Police have not said what led up to the shooting.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Police release new details in search for driver who hit and killed man in Akron
- Kenny gets a tour of Sam Sylk’s new ‘crown jewel’ restaurant
- Cleveland Browns’ Myles Garrett named AFC Defensive Player of the Month, leads league in sacks
- U.S. hits once hard to believe projections on coronavirus deaths
- Newborns celebrate 1st Halloween at Philadelphia children’s hospital