Toy Helicopter Bursts Into Flames

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA — Christmas morning is full of new gadgets and gifts, but a California boy got an unexpected surprise from his new Christmas present.

Joey Thompson, 10, had just plugged in his new remote-controlled helicopter to charge when he heard a loud pop and noticed an unusual smell, according to KCRA.

He alerted his father, who was out his way outside with the toy helicopter when it burst into flames.

The Thompsons purchased the helicopter through a third-party vendor from Amazon, but after the fire, the family members looked at the packaging more closely noticed the product wasn’t what they ordered.

Amazon is working closely with the family. In the mean time, Joey says he is just happy no one was hurt.

Click here to read more on this story.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral