CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – More than 59,000 FirstEnergy customers are without power as of Tuesday at 9 p.m. as the snow continues to fall, which is a lower total than earlier today.
Wet snow has piled up on trees and power lines, with some wind gusts at 35 mph.
Portions of Northeast Ohio remain under a Winter Storm Warning through Wednesday.
The majority of the outages are in Cuyahoga and Geauga counties, but the power is out in many areas across Northeast Ohio.
GroundFOX was driving through Eastlake when it captured video of a transformer lighting up the sky.
See that video, below:
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- COVID toes: A look at the mysterious rash that can affect patients with coronavirus
- Some students return to in-person learning at Akron Public Schools Monday
- Some states drop COVID-19 mask mandates but still urge people to wear them – which message will win out?
- Search resumes for 6-year-old Middletown boy allegedly killed by mom
- Stark County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing Canton man