CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – UFC heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic is back in the land to face his toughest opponent yet.
That’s what he said in a sweet post on Instagram, sharing a picture of him playing with his daughter.
Miocic is wearing glasses, gym shorts, and a t-shirt, looking more like Cleveland’s Own Valley View firefighter and less like the UFC heavyweight champ that beat Daniel Cormier in the UFC 252 trilogy win Saturday.
Miocic defeated Cormier via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47), winning the trilogy between the two and set a new record for most title defenses in UFC heavyweight history.
Back at home after the record-breaking night in Las Vegas, Stipe is grateful for the fans.
“What a night! Nothing but thanks, love and respect to my team, my family, and my fans..it’s truly an honor to put on a show for you,” he wrote on Instagram.
“Now, back in the land to face my toughest opponent yet.. this one was for your baby girl.”
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Powerball jackpot hits $925M with no winners once again
- McCarthy options on shutdown endgame shrinking
- Sinema inches closer to reelection bid, teeing up Arizona free-for-all
- Haley to Ramaswamy: ‘Every time I hear you, I feel a little bit dumber’
- Powerball jackpot climbs again, hits $925 million after another drawing without a winner