(WJW) — The social media site Twitter experienced an outage Thursday evening that lasted about three hours.
According to Twitter’s status website, there was an irregularity with its application programming interface.
The first reports of problems appeared to have come in just after 5 p.m.
Some users reported being unable to Tweet, saying they received the following message instead: “Twitter is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later.”
Others stated that Tweets also failed to load and they received this message: “Something went wrong. Try again.”
Just after 8 p.m., Twitter announced that the issue appeared to be resolved.
The company also released the following statement on their status website:
We are continuing to monitor the issue, and things appear to have returned to normal. For streams, if your connection was maintained during this period, you should have received available data since this issue also affected the publishing side of Twitter. If you disconnected at all, a Replay will recover any Tweets during your disconnect, and the volume is likely to be very small.
The company also said there was no evidence of a security breach or hack.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Windsor Fire Department puts out blaze reportedly started by unattended space heater
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump