CLEVELAND (WJW)– It was an emotional day at FOX 8 when legendary weatherman Dick Goddard delivered his final forecast in November 2016.
Goddard passed away on Tuesday at the age of 89, leaving a lasting legacy in Northeast Ohio.
“For the next three months, it’s going to be cold,” Goddard said while laughing and wiping away tears.
While seated with John Telich, Bill Martin, Tracy McCool, Lou Maglio, Tim Taylor and Andre Bernier, he thanked his coworkers. He joked they should adopt a stray dog or cat.
“Be good to the animals, the four-foots and the two-footed animals too.”
As his voice cracked from emotion, his sense of humor, which was a trademark of his career, shined through.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Big tech: Next target of D.C. lawmakers
- Preteens could be vaccinated without parents’ consent under California bill
- Teen petitions NFL to move day Super Bowl is played
- Murder investigation at Kalahari Resort employee housing continues as family prays for answers
- Groups that won suits over Ohio maps submit their own plan