SANDUSKY (WJW) – A 37-year-old Sandusky High School teacher has been arrested on a charge of sexual battery.
According to a Sandusky police report, Jeffrey Sherman, was arrested Tuesday on the charge. The alleged victim in the case is a former high school student, police say.
Sherman is being held in the Erie County jail and is expected in Sandusky Municipal Court Wednesday to face the charge.
According to police, detectives began investigating Sherman in September after an allegation was made about inappropriate behavior. Police also said Sherman has been placed on suspension by the school system.
Read the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Windsor Fire Department puts out blaze reportedly started by unattended space heater
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump