BEDFORD HEIGHTS, Ohio (WJW) – The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation has been called in to examine evidence in a shooting involving Maple Heights police.
Maple Heights officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 19400 block of Raymond St. around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
A suspect or suspects was shooting from a vehicle at a home there.
FOX 8 video from the scene showed bullet casings across the road and a home blocked off with crime tape.
No one in the home was hurt.
Police followed the suspect vehicle from the shooting scene.
Witnesses tell FOX 8 the suspect vehicle crashed into a building in the 5060 block of Northfield Rd. in Bedford Heights a short time later.
After the crash, the driver got out of the vehicle with an AR-15 pistol and started running and shooting, according to Maple Heights police.
Officers fired back and hit the suspect.
Evidence markers showed shell casings across Northfield Rd.
The suspect was taken to the hospital, as was the passenger in the vehicle.
Police say a woman in the car was injured in the car crash.
No officers were hurt.
Roads in the area were closed for several hours.
BCI arrived on scene around 3:30 a.m.
Investigators are looking for information on the case.
Here’s who to contact if you can help:
- Maple Heights PD Detective Bureau at 216-587-9624 or
- Bedford Heights PD Detective Bureau 440-786-3266 or
- BCI -1-855-BCI-OHIO (1-855-224-6446)
Police say the home on Raymond Dr. had been targeted in a shooting Monday night as well.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Windsor Fire Department puts out blaze reportedly started by unattended space heater
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump