Editor’s Note: The video above is previous coverage on this story.
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – The Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force (NOVFTF) arrested Sedrick Hawkins, who was wanted for the murder of Larry Manno.
Manno was severely beaten at his landscaping business in the Buckeye-Shaker area on September 16, 2019. Manno died from his injuries a month later.
Hawkins, 25, was quickly identified as the suspect. He’d been on the run since the crime.
A tip from the community led to Hawkins’ capture in the Kinsman neighborhood, according to a press release.
“The community members in the Buckeye neighborhood did an outstanding job assisting police with identifying the suspect in the tragic murder of Mr. Manno,” said U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott.
Hawkins faces a charge of aggravated murder.
Anyone with information concerning any wanted fugitive can contact the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force at 1-866-4WANTED (1-866-492-6833.)
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Ashland women take D-II basketball title for 3rd time
- Illinois café rescued from closure after harassment over drag show
- Tornado confirmed in Ohio: National Weather Service
- This ‘Super Mario’ character is more beloved than Mario and Luigi: survey
- Kaley Cuoco welcomes first child, reveals baby’s name on Instagram