Editor’s Note: The video above is previous coverage on this story.
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – The Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force (NOVFTF) arrested Sedrick Hawkins, who was wanted for the murder of Larry Manno.
Manno was severely beaten at his landscaping business in the Buckeye-Shaker area on September 16, 2019. Manno died from his injuries a month later.
Hawkins, 25, was quickly identified as the suspect. He’d been on the run since the crime.
A tip from the community led to Hawkins’ capture in the Kinsman neighborhood, according to a press release.
“The community members in the Buckeye neighborhood did an outstanding job assisting police with identifying the suspect in the tragic murder of Mr. Manno,” said U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott.
Hawkins faces a charge of aggravated murder.
Anyone with information concerning any wanted fugitive can contact the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force at 1-866-4WANTED (1-866-492-6833.)
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Cleveland music legend Michael Stanley dealing with ‘serious health issues,’ family says
- Columbus police searching Polaris Fashion Place mall after report of shooting
- Gov. Cuomo to hold first news conference following harassment allegations
- 10-digit dialing coming to certain area codes
- Know this nose? Mystery snout shows up in Cleveland