AKRON, Ohio (WJW)– The Summit County Sheriff’s Office participated in a statewide operation to over Aug. 12 and Aug. 13 to crack down down on drug trafficking.
Deputies arrested 46 people. Of those, 34 were on felony charges, including firearms and narcotics violations, and active warrants for their arrests. According to the sheriff’s office, they seized three firearms, methamphetamine, marijuana and ecstasy.
Summit County Sheriff’s deputies also issued traffic citations and warnings, as well as provided assistance to drivers.
Across the state of Ohio, authorities arrested more than 300 people and seized 40 illegal weapons as part of Operation Blue Light. Thousands of grams of cocaine, crack, fentanyl and heroin were also confiscated.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Harry, William seen chatting together after royal funeral
- Ohio shooting sends 4-year-old girl, woman to hospital
- Two Northeast Ohio bars cited for coronavirus health order violations
- This state will offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,987 new cases, 83 hospitalizations reported