SUMMIT COUNTY, Ohio — Summit County Fiscal Officer Kristen Scalise is searching for the owners of more than $3.4 million in unclaimed funds.
According to a press release, a series of events are planned at Acme Fresh Market locations later this month in an effort to find them.
Unclaimed funds tables will be set up in stores from 1 to 6 p.m. on Oct. 15 through Oct. 25. Fiscal office staff will help visitors search for their name and file claim forms at participating locations.
Unclaimed funds are accumulated and owed from transactions performed at county agencies. They include overpayments, fees/costs, lost heirs accounts and sheriff sale proceeds.
In 2018, the total amount of unclaimed funds returned to citizens was about $176,900.
Unclaimed funds of $10 or more are also listed on the fiscal office website.
The list of dates for events at participating Acme locations are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 15: Acme #1, 1835 W. Market St., Akron, OH 44313
- Wednesday, October 16: Acme #2, 2420 Wedgewood Rd., Akron, OH 44312
- Thursday, October 17: Acme #4, 116 W. Streetsboro Rd., Hudson, OH 44236
- Friday, October 18: Acme #12, 2630 Bailey Rd., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
- Monday, October 21: Acme #11, 600 South Ave., Tallmadge, OH 44278
- Tuesday, October 22: Acme #6, 3200 Greenwich Rd., Norton, OH 44203
- Wednesday, October 23: Acme #14, 3235 Manchester Rd., Akron, OH 44319
- Thursday, October 24: Acme #18, 2147 East Ave., Akron, OH 44314
- Friday, October 25: Acme #21, 3875 Massillon Rd., Uniontown, OH 44685
Anone with questions should email email@example.com.