Students Sickened After Eating Lunches with Rodent Droppings

News

File picture of school lunch. (Courtesy: MGN Online, GNU Image)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

By WGNTV

CHICAGO — Students at a Chicago high school fell ill Wednesday after eating contaminated school lunches, a CPS spokesperson confirmed.

Two students reportedly became sick at Hirsch High School on the city’s south side after eating hot school lunches that were contaminated with rat or mouse droppings. The food appeared to have been chewed by either a rat or a mouse.

The students were hospitalized after becoming sick and are expected to be okay.
The kitchen has been shut down for inspection.

Students at the school were served cold lunches Thursday that came from an outside source.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral