HUDSON, Ohio (WJW) — Dozens of volunteers spent their Sunday morning at Seton Catholic School in Hudson setting up a tribute to honor a seven-year-old boy who was killed while riding his bike earlier this month.
Karen Ginder, Administrator of Heritage of Hudson and a Seton family alumni, spearheaded the “hug around Seton” to honor Vincent Baran who was a student at the school .
The 400 wooden images of children were placed around the school symbolic of a hug.
Several local businesses and alumni were involved in organizing the giant display of love.
Police say the crash happened on Nov. 7 when a 60-year-old woman attempted to turn east on to W. Streetsboro Street and struck the boy on his bike.
The driver has since been charged with two misdemeanor charges of vehicular manslaughter and failure to yield the right of way.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Summa Health to suspend some elective procedures, as coronavirus cases surge
- Cleveland reports 444 new coronavirus cases for last two days
- Sunshine will continue in Northeast Ohio, as holiday weekend comes to a close
- RTA holiday-themed trains hit the tracks
- Small businesses receive needed support on Small Business Saturday